Joined: 30 Dec 2007 Posts: 4988 Location: The Mines
Sometimes it's just Adobe doing strange things that we can't reproduce on our version of the PDF.
Best thing to do is to report the problems when you see them (so we can issue a correction in PDF), and email me about joining us as a proofreader. _________________ Wolfgang Baur
Publisher, Kobold Press
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:59 pm Post subject: Royal Questions
Joined: 10 Nov 2012 Posts: 4
I finally had the opportunity to read through this book and I have to say that I both love it and find myself highly annoyed by all the little inconsistencies and lack of big picture information that prevent it from becoming one of my all time favorite adventures. And that's a terrible shame, because I really do think it's amazing overall. The following are some of the issues I found. They aren't the only ones, but they are the ones to which I'd most like clarifications:
1) Is the Black Prince Hender Svenk the son of the Queen's deceased younger brother Duke Gallasphear Trimordian as specified on page 39? or is he the son of the Moonlit King Ludomir Imbrium as mentioned on pages 13, 75 and 76?
2) Is the Pale Witch of the Umbral Marches the Black Prince's cousin (p. 76) or sister (p. 78 ) ?
3) Princess Vailessa Graystone is said to be a member of the royal family (p. 40) and a "cousin" to the Black Prince (p. 56). How is she related to Queen Sarastra and the Moonlit King that she gets the "princess" title but the Pale Witch does not?
4) Can we safely assume that it is a second unnamed princess who is an actual daughter of the Moonlit King and "currently abiding in the forests of Midgard" (p. 95)? Or is Princess Graystone who is "all too often absent from the court" (p. 73) the daughter of the Moonlit King as per the statement that he is father of the royal line? (p. 13)?
5) How can the city of Corremel be Princess Graystone's dowery (p. 41) when the Black Prince conquered it and it has been recognized as his fiefdom (p. 44) and he as its baron (p. 41)?
6) How did the demon lord Akyishigal cause a "god" like the Moonlit King to go insane without the Moonlit King knowing about it? Why does a diplomacy roll in the maze gain you this juicy bit of info? (p. 94) Some context on this bit of information would have been very nice.
7) Is Queen Sarastra aware that Akyishigal is the cause of the King's insanity? I'd be extremely surprised if she didn't know about it given her intelligence network when the players can find it out with a single diplomacy role. If she does know, did she conspire with the demon lord to drive her husband insane? Or is she simply exploiting the opportunity that presented itself to rule alone after her husband went insane? Does she want him dead more than she wants him cured?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum