Adopt-a-Soldier Holiday Contest
Our Adopt-a-Soldier sponsorship program has delivered Kobold Quarterly gift subscriptions to service members stationed all over the world and far from friends and family. We’ve gotten a lot of mail from them, telling us what a difference your support and generosity makes.
We’d like to really crank this program up with your help. So this month, we’re going to run an Adopt-a-Soldier sweepstakes contest with two winners: one service member and one sponsor.
From now through December 31st, each of the following actions equals one “ticket” for a chance to win…
- Purchase an Adopt-a-Soldier sponsorship at KQadoptasoldier.com
- If you’re in the military, sign up to receive a subscription from a sponsor at KQadoptasoldier.com
- Get someone to purchase a sponsorship, or get a soldier to sign up to receive an Adopt-a-Soldier gift subscription (they have to tell us that you referred them, so we can credit it to you)
- Write a blog post promoting the contest, including a link to this post
- Twitter about the contest, including a link to this post
Eligible services in the US include the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, National Guard, and Coast Guard; this is not limited to the US military, and members of recognized foreign armed services are also eligible. To enter, leave a comment on this post letting us know what you did. Include links to your blog post and twitter tweet.
10 runners-up receive
- A “Small But Fierce” logo pack with a postcard and sticker
Grand Prize Package (retail value: $160)—The logo pack, plus:
- 3 dice sets by Q-Workshop: Pathfinder Rise of the Runelords dice, a set of Runic or Elven dice (winner’s choice), AND a set of Call of Cthulhu dice
- A signed copy of Soldiers of Fortune: War and Military Adventure in a Fantasy World, due out in March 2010
- The Kobold’s Guide to Game Design Volumes I and II
- Patronage in an Open Design project of your choice (or an upgrade to an existing patronage)
- A profile and a hearty “thank you” in the next issue of Kobold Quarterly
Also, whichever of you gets the most soldiers and/or sponsors to sign up in December gets an awesome SECRET PRIZE. Winners will be announced the first week in January.