Get serious about your game design, with advice from professionals on all the major facets of design. This volume contains more than a dozen crucial essays to help you succeed in freelancing, playtest, and publication, including:
- The Art of the Pitch
- Challenging Players
- Freelance Discipline, AKA Talent Won't Save You
- How to Run a Playtest with Real Results
- Design From the Bottom Up
- What Playtest Teaches You
- Mystery Adventures
- Creating Play Depth
- How NOT to Design a Magic Item
- Fortunate Accidents
- How to Make Your Design Matter
- How to Sell Designs and Influence Editors
This 96-page collection of essays—many previously presented only to patrons of OPEN DESIGN—is now available to the public for the first time. Improve your design — and your odds of publication — today!
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 04 November, 2008.